RIVERFRONT PARK (131 E HYDRAULIC AVE, YORKVILLE)Take a trip through the woods at Riverfront Park's eastern end to see some spooky and fun scarecrows! The scarecrows will be on show until Halloween, so put on your walking shoes and bring your family and friends to see what's on display along the trail!
WHERE TO FIND THE SCARECROWS
The Scarecrow Walk is located in the wooded area past the Riverfront Park Playground going east near the newly paved parking lot. Look for a banner stating "Scarecrow Walk" and follow the wood chip trail just beyond the banner. Please keep in mind this is a natural, wooded area, so stay on the path and be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out when the scarecrow's will be ready to see!
JOIN THE FUN & ADD A SCARECROW!
Local businesses and organizations are invited to submit a scarecrow proposal to email@example.com for approval! Please note that all scarecrows must be family-friendly! All scarecrows should be dropped off at the Recreation Administration Building (201 W Hydraulic Ave, Yorkville) on Monday, September 27 between Noon-4:30pm to be included along the walk. Before building your scarecrow, please note the important guidelines below.
- Be as creative and fun as you want! Spooky is ok, but please make sure your scarecrow is appropriate and family-friendly.
- The scarecrow walk is along a trail at Riverfront Park which is open to the public and not consistently monitored. Items may get stolen.
- Due to the unpredictable weather in October, the materials provided for your scarecrow may get dirty, torn and/or damaged.
- Scarecrows can be made with any materials; however, please incorporate a support structure to assist in hanging/placing your scarecrow along the trail. Example of this would be a wooden T or Cross that the scarecrow is secured to or placed within the clothing of the scarecrow.
- Scarecrows will be returned to the organization once taken down at the end of the month. You will be contacted with pick-up information at that time.