Road to Better Roads
About the Program
Road to Better Roads is the city road rehabilitation program that was established in 2013 to improve the overall quality of Yorkville's road infrastructure. The ongoing program will result in roads with improved pavement quality and a prolonged lifespan. Roads to be included are based on a detailed engineering analysis of every street and comparing it to the cost of repairing the street at various points throughout its lifespan, then selecting the streets that give the City the best value. The more value we get each year, the more roads we can do and the sooner we can do them.
This program is primarily funded through a road infrastructure fee. All funds collected through the road infrastructure fee will go directly to the Road to Better Roads program. This plan will also address a number of growing water and sewer infrastructure issues by replacing aged water and sewer lines.
- What is the Road to Better Roads?
- Which roads will be repaired under the Road to Better Roads Program?
- How do you determine which roads to include in the Road to Better Roads Program?
- Is everything in the Road to Better Roads program set in stone?
- How will I know in advance when my street is being worked on?
- My street isn’t on the 5-year schedule but it looks really awful. Shouldn’t you fix it?